I will give you, 5 rules for a successful courtship.
- Avoid sex; If you want a successful courtship, avoid sex before marriage. You should avoid everything that will lure you to commit furnication.
- Avoid romantic touches; save the romance for your marriage. When you are marry, you can then romance as much positively as possible. I don't say you should not be attracted or admire the one you love and want to marry, no, but, it should be done with discipline and respect.
- Don't hide any of your secret from your courting partner; open up your pass to your courting partner, this is the time. Open up especially those ones that can cause problem to your marriage. If you had a baby in the past, let him or her know.
- Avoid acting as a wife or husband in courtship or before married; as a wife to be, don't go to your husband's to be house to cook for him. Don't even carry food to him or go to wash his clothes for him. For God sake, is not yet your husband. Stop acting like a wife in courtship. Likewise the man, don't claim her as yours, if you have not paid her bride price. If the fiancé want to know if his fiancy can cook, let him visit her family house on special occasion. But then, there is still remedy if she really does not know how to cook. Provided the courtship parties love themselves.
- Avoid pretence and be ready to learn; don't be pretentious in your courting, and be ready to accept correction and learn. Don't be too big for correction, proud to learn and unteachable in courtship. Use your getting to know yourself better in courtship as an avenue to explore that creative ability in you, positively. And accept each other they way you are, while been patient for change and growing in courtship, as well as in marriage.